Canvas Admin Guide
Document version: 1.0
Lrnr-Canvas integration allows instructors to:
Let students access Lrnr directly from Canvas.
Seamlessly synchronize grades between Canvas and Lrnr.
Setting up integration with Lrnr involves the following two steps:
Add Lrnr App
Create Lrnr Access-token
*Please Note: This set of instructions is only for course-specific access to the Learning Management System (LMS).
1. Login with the credentials through the Canvas portal to access the User Dashboard.
2. Click on the pertinent course option on the dashboard or Courses from the left navigation panel.
3. Click on the Settings option on the Courses navigation menu.
4. Click on the Apps tab to view the list of available applications.
5. Click on the View App Configuration button to reach External Apps page.
6. Click on +App button to initiate the Lrnr integration process.
A pop-up box will appear with the title Add App.
7. For the Add App form:
a. Click on the field under the tag Configuration Type to access a drop-down list. From this list, select the option By URL.
b. Enter “Lrnr Personalized Homework” for the Name field . Enter the consumer-key and shared-secret sent by Lrnr team in the Consumer Key  and Shared Secret  fields respectively.
c. In the Configuration URL field , enter “https://www.eduappcenter.com/configurations/ke4jdits7tzuff37.xml”
8. Click on the Submit button to complete the process.
Reload the page (or refresh) to see the Lrnr application listed. The “Name” entered above should show up on the Courses navigation panel.
Canvas allows for programmatic access to information via the Canvas API. API calls require authorization and are made on behalf of an authorized user.
*Please Note: Canvas tokens are a form of Canvas permissions. If your Canvas account is deleted or if you are no longer an administrator, your tokens will also be revoked.
2. Open User Settings
In Global Navigation, click the Account link , then click the Settings link .
3. Locate Approved Integrations and click the Add New Access Token button.
4. Enter “For Lrnr API Team” in the Purpose field . Click the Generate Token button .
5. Copy the token displayed in the pop-up window .
Note: You are only given the access token once. If you do not copy it down, you will need to create a new token.
6. Share the token with the Lrnr Support Team via email. Send an email with the token and the institution name to email@example.com